Will Smith, possibly the coolest man on earth, turns 45 today. And in true LOOK style we found ourselves in the office, eating birthday cake, talking about why we can’t get enough of the multitalented artist. So, here’s our top 10 reasons why Will Smith totally rocks. Enjoy!
1. I’m sorry but have you seen the TV shows/movies he’s starred in? Of course you have, everyone has! The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, Bad Boys, Independence Day, Men In Black 1, 2 AND 3… need we go on? Granted not all of them could be described as award-winning movies, but they’ll always be classics to us!
2. On top of that Will Smith is one dedicated family man. Married to the awesome Jada Pinkett Smith since 1997 he’s often seen having fun with the family including Jaden, Willow, and his older son from a previous marriage Trey. Just check out this super cute family pic of them all at the After Earth premiere.
3. Let’s not forget that he’s also one seriously good-looking guy, especially considering it’s his 45th birthday today! I mean, if that isn’t a good enough reason for why he rocks then we don’t know what is…
4. Another very important reason why we think Will Smith rocks is the crazy but adorable facial expressions he always pulls. Don’t believe us? Google Image Will Smith and start scrolling… or you could just click here. You won’t regret it.
5. Obviously he’s incredible talented as well. Not satisfied with merely acting in films he also records songs for them as well. We don’t care what anyone says we still LOVE the Wild Wild West song. Fact.
6. Will also knows what he’s doing when it comes to working the red carpet. His wardrobe is packed full of snappy, colourful suits we could never get our boyfriends into. Apparently anything other than jeans and a t-shirt is too much effort!
8. We know it’s not all about the money but props have to be given for the fact that Will Smith was a millionaire by the time he was 20! He’s proved he has a real staying power in Hollywood and we couldn’t be happier that he’s not going anywhere any time soon.
9. But never let it be said that he doesn’t share the wealth. The Smith’s set up the Will And Jada Smith Family Foundation to help inner-city children deal with a variety of issue from education to eating disorders. And it’s only one of the many charities they contribute to.
10. Finally, who can forget the moment that Will Smith started rapping The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air theme song on The Graham Norton Show? Not only did his son Jaden join in but old friends DJ Jazzy Jeff and Alfonso Ribeiro (aka Carlton) also put in an appearance. If you’re wishing you could watch the whole spectacular performance again then just scroll down – it’s been on repeat in the LOOK office today.
By Lauren O’Callaghan
Remember, you can buy the digital edition of LOOK magazine for your tablet or iPhone. And don’t forget to rate it in iTunes!