We often talk about our fascination with Disney Princesses. Heck, even Disney Princess and Disney quotes get a whole lot of love.
But what about the songs?
The soundtracks are about as famous as the iconic characters themselves. We mean, who doesn’t love to burst into a rendition of The Lion King’s Can You Feel The Love Tonight? We know it’s not just us.
Now, Disney has gone and done it again with another mega announcement. No, it’s not another live action movie (although there’s plenty of those on the way!) but it’s a compilation of the very best Disney tracks, re-worked by some of pop music’s biggest names.
Ariana Grande and Jessie J will be lending their larger-than-life voices to the Hercules montage soundtrack and Little Mermaid’s underwater ballad.
Retro vibes will be taken care of by the legendary Gwen Stefani, as well as some Emo influences from Fall Out Boy.
Controversially, Ne-Yo will be taking on the legacy that Robin Williams left behind, by permorming Genie’s famous song Friend Like Me.
We’ve included the full track listing below.
1. Friend Like Me (From Aladdin) – Ne-Yo
2. Part of Your World (From The Little Mermaid) – Jessie J
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama (From The Lion King) – Jason Derulo
4. The Rainbow Connection (From The Muppet Movie) – Gwen Stefani
5. Zero to Hero (From Hercules) – Ariana Grande
6. In a World of My Own / Very Good Advice (From Alice in Wonderland) – Jhené Aiko
7. I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song) (From The Jungle Book) – Fall Out Boy
8. Colors of the Wind (From Pocahontas) – Tori Kelly
9. Spoonful of Sugar (From Mary Poppins) – Kacey Musgraves
10. Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat (From The Aristocats) – Charles Perry
11. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes (From Cinderella) – Jessie Ware
12. Let It Go (From Frozen) – Rascal Flatts & Lucy Hale
13. It’s a Small World – We Love Disney Artists
14. It’s Not Easy Being Green (From The Muppet Show) – Brenna Whitaker
15. A Whole New World (From Aladdin) – Yuna
We Love Disney is available for pre-order now on iTunes, and will hit stores on Oct. 30.
Did any of your favourites not make the cut?
By Laura Jane Turner