Made in Chelsea‘s Millie Mackintosh has been dishing out her top festival fashion tips ahead of Yahoo!‘s Wireless festival this weekend to help keep us all looking stylish come rain or shine, and we’ve rounded up the pretty lady’s amazing pearls of wisdom for you.
The 23-year-old fashion junkie stole the Glastonbury spotlight last month when she made her debut at the Somerset festival with fiance Professor Green, rocking a selection of fab festi-cool looks to rival Glasto regulars Cara and Alexa. So we know we’re in safe hands!
Here’s what Mills spilled in her one-off festival fashion video for Yahoo! (watch below!):
1. Work a bikini. “Why not wear a bikini, but dress it up with a knitted dress thrown over the top and accessorise with a cross-body handbag – they’re ideal as you dont want to be carrying anything around.”
2. Take a hat. “A hat is great as it will stop you from getting overheated but it’s also good if you’re struggling with messy, festival hair.”
3. Dress down with wellies. “If you put wellies with anything it’s fine if you’re nearly naked.”
4. Beware the floaty skirt. “I wouldn’t recommend wearing a floaty dress or skirt, otherwise that might get blown up and expose your knickers.”
5. Rock the Raybans. “Sunglasses are definitely an essential if we get any sunny weather.”
6. Get practical with a raincoat. “Go for a raincoat with a hood to protect your hair. It’s practical and will keep you dry and all your stuff will be zipped up in the pockets so won’t get wet – you can go raving in the rain and you won’t lose your phone!”
7. Stick with denim. “You can’t go to a festival without a pair of denim shorts.”
So there you have it. Millie’s 7 festival style commandments sorted. Let’s get packing!
Millie’s style guide coincides with the release of the Yahoo! Weather App which allows users to check international and local forecasts from their smartphone.
By Robyn Munson
Remember, you can buy the digital edition of LOOK magazine for your tablet or iPhone. And don’t forget to rate it in iTunes!