From Caitlyn Jenner’s first tweet to every member of One Direction tweeting pretty much anything, it’s been a busy year as ever for Twitter.
The results have revealed that One Direction essentially own Twitter, because they dominate the top 5. Unsurprising, given that 2015 saw the departure of band member Zayn Malik.
Check out the top 10 most popular tweets of 2015 below.
1. After the announcement of Zayn’s departure, ex-bandmate Harry Styles tweeted this message that tops the list.
2. Zayn Malik made it clear that he still supports his ex-bandmates following the release of their new single.
3. Another One Direction tweet, this time from Liam Payne, who sent out a reflective tweet.
4. President Barack Obama tweeted his support of the legalisation of same-sex marriage.
5. In yet another One Direction tweet, band member Louis Tomlinson took the opportunity to thanks his fans.
6. The new king of Saudi Arabia, Salam, tweeted out a call for prayers following the death of his half-brother.
7. Niall Horan wished bandmate Liam Payne a happy birthday.
8. Kanye West offered some words of wisdom after announcing his 2020 Presidential bid.
9. The poignant final tweet from Star Trek star Leonard Nimoy was signed off with his character’s famous line, “live long and prosper”.
10. After her Vanity Fair cover took the world by storm, Caitlyn Jenner joined Twitter.