Fifty Shades Of Grey movie fans got the news they’ve been waiting for today when they found out that Sam Taylor-Johnson will be directing the film version of their beloved book. Surprised? Us too.
Here at LOOK HQ we’ve been doing a bit of research to find out all you need to know about the wonder woman who’ll be taking on the mammoth task of directing the Fifty Shades Of Grey movie.
So, read on and get the low-down on the 10 things you NEED TO KNOW about Sam Taylor-Johnson.
1. Sam Taylor-Johnson’s directorial debut was in 2009 with Nowhere Boy, a film about the early years of The Beatles’ John Lennon…
2. She’s married to the oh-so-gorgeous actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Kick-Ass in Kick-Ass and Vronsky in Anna Karenina ), who she met on the set of Nowhere Boy.
3. Sam’s Nowhere Boy might have picked up a couple of BAFTA nominations but it’s actually the only feature-length film she’s ever directed – eek!
4. She is also a well known photographer and visual artist, and even won an OBE for her services to the Arts.
5. Sam comes from a family where it’s usual to juggle two completely different careers – her Mum was a yoga teacher and an astrologer…
6. She’s the ultimate working Mum. Sam has four children; two from her first marriage and two with Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Awwwwww.
7. She may not be as fashion-focused as Cara Delevigne but Sam knows how to work a red carpet. Check out the gorgeous gold dress (above) she wore to the 2009 BFI London Film Festival
. Not to mention she has the best accessory ever is the form of husband Aaron.
8. Sam Taylor-Johnson is also professional known as Sam Taylor-Wood. Don’t get confused now girls, they’re the same person.
9. When Sam and Aaron got married they decided to both take the last name Taylor-Johnson. Talk about equality in marriage; we like the way this lady thinks.
10. Sam Taylor-Johnson has promised to “honor the power” of Fifty Shades Of Grey when it comes to making the movie. Here’s hoping it will be as uh-mazing as we imagine.
There you have it. That’s all you need to know about the new Fifty Shades Of Grey movie director. Now, time for them to announce the cast… please?
By Lauren O’Callaghan
Remember, you can buy the digital edition of
magazine for your tablet or iPhone. And don’t forget to rate it in iTunes!