Healthy Puddings to satisfy your sweet tooth… Tuck in this summer! There’s yummy gluten free delights, delicious cheesecakes and cupcakes with a hidden ingredient. Get that pinny on and get baking…
GLUTEN FREE BROWNIES
(makes 15 – 20 brownies)
You’ll Need: 150g walnuts, 150g brazil nuts, 150g dates, pitted, 100g raisins, 75g cacao powder, 100g dried cranberries, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 30ml water
Put walnuts in food processor and blend until fine.
Add remaining ingredients and continue to blend until well mixed.
Add water (by the tablespoon) as needed to blend but do not let mixture become too wet and sticky.
The mixture should stay together when pressed between thumb and forefinger when it is done but should not be sticky. If mixture looks too wet, you can add more cacao powder to thicken it up a bit.
Remove mixture from food processor and place onto wax paper. Place another piece of wax paper over the top and roll out mixture with rolling pin. Roll from the center outward until you create a square that is about 1 inch thick.
Place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours before serving with a mound of fresh berries.
Results with Lucy is an online fitness platform that offers members access to a wide range of work out videos and healthy eating recipes. For unlimited access from just £12.99 a month sign up atwww.resultswithlucy.com. You can also follow Results With Lucy on Twitter @resultswithlucy
BEETROOT AND VANILLA CUPCAKES
(makes 12 cupcakes)
You’ll Need: For the cupcakes: 175g caster sugar, 175 unsalted butter, 3 large eggs – seperated, 175 self-raising flour, 175g plain cooked vacuum packed beetroot (drained with a few drops held back for colouring) and 1 tbsp vanilla extract. For the icing: 300g icing sugar, 150g unsalted butter, a few drops flower butter, a few drops beetroot juice
– Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4.
– Blend together the sugar and butter until light and creamy. Add the egg yolks, flour, pureed beetroot and vanilla and beat until smooth.
– In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until fairly stiff. Take a large spoon of egg white and beat into the cupcake mixture to loosen it a little. Then, using a large metal spoon fold the remaining egg whites gently through the mix, taking care not to over beat.
– Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, or until the cakes are firm to the touch. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
– To make the icing, beat the icing sugar and butter together, either in a food mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon. Add a few drops of rose flower water to taste, and a few drops of beetroot juice to colour the icing.
– Spread generously or pipe over the cooled cupcakes.
CHAMPNEYS PEAR CRUMBLE
You’ll Need: 3 Pears, pealed, pitted and quartered, 12 Grams of agave (for poaching the pears), 20 Grams of chopped dates, 1 table spoon lemon juice, 20 grams of fresh coconut, 20 grams toasted almond flakes, 1 vanilla pod, 1 pinch of ground cinnamon, 100ml water
1. Combine agave, vanilla, lemon, cinnamon and water in a pot. Stir the mix until the sugar dissolves. Then add the pears and cook until tender & remove from liquid then leave to cool
2. Toast almonds in the oven at 180c for 5 mins or until golden brown
3. Take 1 coconut cut into quarters and grate the white flesh of the coconut.
4. In a glass put the chilled pears sprinkle with coconut almonds and dates.
BLUEBERRY YOGURT CHEESECAKE
You’ll Need: 500g Alpro Simply Plain alternative to yogurt, 150g of blueberries, 3 leaves of gelatin, 100g macadamia nuts, 50g mejooli dates, 10g desiccated coconut
– Place the macadamia nuts in a bowl and cover with cold water, leave to soak for 4 hrs
– Drain the remaining water and place in a food processor adding the dates to the mixture until you have a fine crumb consistency
– Take four small ring moulds or ramekins and sprinkle with the desiccated coconut, spoon in the macadamia nut crumbs and spread across the base, evenly pressing down with the back of a spoon
– Break the gelatine leaves into small pieces and soak in a tbsp of cold water for 5 minutes to soften and then heat in a microwave on a hob until dissolved
– Place the Alpro Simply Plainand the blueberries in a food processor and blend until smooth before adding the liquid gelatin
– Pour the blueberry yogurt mixture on top of the macadamia nut bases and place in the fridge to set
– When set, carefully remove the ring moulds and serve.