George Michael’s Partner Has Spoken Out About Those Tweets

The 53-year-old passed away on Christmas Day, and his partner has now spoken out about what's been happening since...

George Michael was found dead at his home in Goring-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, last week, at the age of just 53.

It didn’t take too long for the world to start mourning the loss of such a legendary artist and, with the outpouring of stories showing his overwhelming generosity, a man with a heart of gold.

Celebrities, journalists and fans alike took to social media to share their sadness at the news, which broke on Christmas Day.

George’s partner, Fadi Fawaz, revealed that it was he who found the star when he had gone into his room to wake him.

He reportedly told The Mirror, ‘I never saw him. I fell asleep in my car and I never saw him that night. The police know everything – that’s the most important thing.’

George Michael

According to The Telegraph, George Michael’s publicist has said that there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.

But in the days that followed the news, a series of tweets were posted from Fadi Fawaz’s account, appearing to pose questions about the nature of the singer’s passing.

The alleged tweets read: ‘Not sure who that nasty close friend of George (sic) but I was in a relationship with George Michael till I found him dead in bed.

‘The only thing George wanted is to DIE. He tried numbers of times to kill himself many times and finally he managed.

‘We loved each other very much and were together almost 24 hours a day.’

Now, Fadi has broken his silence on the allegations that were published to his social media, telling the publication that he was not responsible for sending the tweets (which were deleted soon after they were posted), and that he had been subject to a hacking.

‘My Twitter account has been hacked and closed,’ he said. ‘It’s a bit scary to be honest. I did not send those tweets. I woke up at 11.30am to the news.

‘I am not going to worry about these things.’

A statement from Thames Valley Police said that the post-mortem examination showed the cause of George Michael’s death to be ‘inconclusive’ and that ‘further tests will now be carried out.’

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this very difficult time.