It’s official: Being a vlogger is BIG business.
Forbes have released their official list of top-earning YouTube stars – and they’re certainly doing alright for themselves.
The #1 highest-paid YouTuber out there is Felix Kjellberg, otherwise known as PewDiePie. He specialises in videos about gaming, boasting a mighty impressive 40 million subscribers.
Fot this, he rakes in $12 million a year. WOW. According to PEOPLE, this means he can splash out on 50 Mercedes-Maybachs, with some money left over for several Cartier Love bracelets.
Not bad, eh?
Next up are Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla, AKA Smosh. They’ve received an $8.5 million pay slip for their live-action comedy sketches over the past 12 months.
In joint second place are Fine Brothers Entertainment’s Benny and Rafi Fine. Their shtick is ‘reacting to things’, and could afford them three of Kylie Jenner‘s Calabasas mansions.
The top five is rounded off with violinist Lindsey Stirling and Rhett & Link’s Rhett McLaughlin and Charles Lincoln Neal III.
Others on the list include Olajide Olatunji (KSI), Lilly Singh (Superwoman), Roman Atwood (Roman Atwood Pranks), Michelle Phan and Rosanna Pansino.
Unfortunately for famous UK vloggers such as Zoella, Alfie Deyes, Tanya Burr and Jim Chapman, they failed to make the Top 10. Booo.
See the full list below:
1) Felix Kjellberg (PerDiePie), gaming, $40 million
2) Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla (Smosh), live-action comedy sketches, $8.5 million
3) Benny and Rafi Fine (Fine Brothers Entertainment), reactions, $8.5 million
4) Lindsey Stirling (Lindsey Stirling), violinist, $6 million
5) Rhett McLaughlin and Charles Lincoln Neal III (Rhett & Link), comedy sketches, $4.5 million
6) Olajide Olatunji (KSI), gaming and hip-hop, $4.5 million
7) Michelle Phan (Michelle Phan), make-up tutorials, $3 million
8) Lilly Singh (Superwoman), comedy sketches, $2.5 million
9) Roman Atwood (Roman Atwood Pranks), pranks, $2.5 million
10) Rosanna Pansino (Rosanna Pansino), baking, $2.5 million