We’re completely obsessed with the minions and all of their fun and quirky ways. Ever since they burst onto our screens in the Despicable Me films – and, let’s be honest, they completely stole that show – they’ve gained a cult-like following.
And there’s some pretty important life lessons we’ve picked up along the way…
1. Bananas are God
Don’t marry a man unless he looks at you the way a Minion looks at a banana. This is possibly our favourite life quote ever.
2. You should always treat others the way you would like to be treated
3. It’s all about the bad boys
Because every so often, they turn out to have a heart of gold.
Disclaimer: sometimes they definitely don’t. Soz.
4. Every family has that one odd cousin
5. But they’ll always come out of their shell eventually
6. Magic shows are the best at any age
Adrenaline junkies only.
7. Teepeeing is the thing dreams are made of
It’s not just for Uni dorm rooms, guys.
8. When you’re older, you realise that office work isn’t always all that fun
Can we go back to school please?
9. But you can always find ways to amuse yourself
There are much better uses for the copy machine.
10. Just be careful the door is locked
11. It’s always an appropriate time to bust out the YMCA moves
And don’t ever let anybody tell you otherwise. You just don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.
12. There’s never a bad time to burst into a boy band ballad
13. Or to partake in a synchronised dance move
Backstreet Boys, eat your heart out.
14. It takes seven people to change a lightbulb
One of lifes biggest mysteries, solved.
15. And even that isn’t foolproof
16. McDonald’s translates across all languages
Ours is 20 McNuggets and a banana milkshake, thanks.
By Laura Jane Turner