Welcome to List For Life’s weekly recipe pick to commemorate our love for all things delicious and healthy! What more could you want than a delicious and totally easy to make recipe to kick the week off magnificently?
This week we have a recipe for one last taste of Winter before Spring finally takes over. These paleo muffins come from the same mind as the amazing BiteAppy app, Caroline Oldham but the season for light treats is just around the corner so make them while it’s still nippy outside.
And, again, you might be thinking: “What even is ‘paleo’? How do I make this obviously delicious treat? Does it make muffins better? Is that even possible? But trust us, fellow List For Lifers, we totally promise that you’re going to love it, plus it’s super healthy too! Over to you Caroline…
I am always looking for new exciting, healthy breakfast ideas, my blueberry paleo muffins are a favourite. I make these at the weekend and then i can grab one as I leave the house through the week which fits in with my busy lifestyle. This recipe is also gluten and dairy free.
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
70g almond butter
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
35g coconut flour
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F
2. Line up some large muffin holders in a baking tin
3. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric whisk combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond butter and mix until they are fully combined
4. Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder into the wet ingredients and mix until combined
5. Add the blueberries and fold into the mixture with a large spoon
6. Evenly distribute your mixture between the muffin tins
7. Place in the oven and cook for 25mins