If you’re ready for hit of spring colour in your wardrobe, then look no further than Myleene Klass’ latest high street line. From punchy florals to zingy brights, the hot frocks and bold separates will make you feel new season fresh in no time.
We are seriously loving the huge range of colour in the collection and can see it filling our suitcases when those summer hols roll around so we chatted to Myleene about her inspiration for the new collection and how she would wear it. Here’s 15 quick fire questions with the lady herself, enjoy!
1. Tell us about the yellow lace dress – what inspired the design?
“The yellow dress came from my own love of brights. The fact it also happens to be this seasons colour is a total bonus! I’d wear with red heels for a bit of a clash or the navy heels in my collection for something chic.”
2. We love the floral prom dress – what inspired the design? Where would you wear it and how would you style it?
“My prom dresses always sell out as it’s a very easy shape to wear whatever size you are. I’d wear with my amazing leather jacket or for a real daring pattern clash or a leopard coat.”
3. What spring trends are you loving at the moment?
“Big florals and going back to the 70’s!”
4. What 3 things do you always have in your handbag?
“Phone, keys, baby wipes.”
5. If you could choose any celebrity to wear your clothes who would it be?
“I love to see real women in my collection however would love to see Beyonce rocking my designs.”
6. How do you keep fit and healthy?
“I’m currently teaching Hero how to ride a bike so that’s keeping me fit although my back would argue differently!”
7. What’s your ultimate workout song?
“Fleetwood Mac – Go Your Own Way.”
8. What’s your guilty pleasure?
“Marzipan…covered in chocolate or super strong, industrial sized slabs of blue cheese.”
9. How do you juggle designing a collection with being a mum?
“Like any mum, on a hope and a prayer! I take each day as it comes and don’t sweat the small stuff. If a sample doesn’t look as I intended, I get my problem solving head on and make it right in-between homework and school runs!”
10. What exciting projects have you got coming up for 2015?
“A lot of travel, more TV shows, and the launch of a new line within my Littlewoods collection.”
11. What’s your ultimate party outfit?
“The orange lace bodycon is going to be getting a lot of wear this season. It’s bright, elegant and has a sports feel with the navy stripe across the bust which makes it uber cute. It also is very easy to wear.”
12. What piece of clothing do you always get the most comments on?
“My leather jackets. They give a whole new edge to the dresses when teamed with them and the flower embellishments on the sleeve means it looks a million dollars but doesn’t actually cost the earth.”
13. What piece of clothing are you currently lusting after?
“My leopard coat. It’s light, perfect for this transitional period and hangs beautifully. I plan to wear it with everything.”
14. If you could choose any job in the world (other than yours), what would you do?
“I’d be a midwife!”
15. Who’s your style icon?
To check out the rest of the collection and our editors’ top picks, then make sure to get your hands on the latest issue of LOOK, which hits stands today! Happy Tuesday!
By Amy de Klerk