Will Smith hands down, is one of the world’s ideal men.
He’s got it all. He’s attractive. He’s funny. He’s a talented actor. He’s a great dad. He can rap. Basically, he’s the ultimate man package – and we absolutely love him. From keeping it real in The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, to kicking alien butt in Independence Day, Will Smith is like the handsome big brother of the movie world…with all the jokes.
And guess what guys, it’s only his 47th (47th?) birthday today. We know, doesn’t he look great? And so, because we want to wish the big guy a super duper birthday, here’s all the times Will Smith has gotten himself deep into our hearts. You might laugh. You might cry. But believe us when we say it was really hard stopping at 7….
1. That Time He Identified Relationship Goals In Just Two Lines
In Hitch he said two lines. Two simple lines. And that was it. Hearts. Melted.
2. When He Gave ALL The Bromance In Bad Boys
The love between Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) in 1995’s Bad Boys was a beautiful, beautiful thing.
3. When Things Came Good In The Pursuit Of Happyness
If this movie didn’t reaffirm your life goals, nothing will. Proof that $5 really can change your life.
4. When He Falls In Love With Rosario Dawson In Seven Pounds
He literally gives her his heart. It’s too much.
5. When He Says Those Sexy Words To Margot Robbie In Focus
Wow, the chemistry! Why can’t you say this to us Will? How exciting that the two of them will reunite in Suicide Squad next year….
6. That Time In Fresh Prince When His Real Dad Didn’t Want Him
We still have problems watching this scene, even now. Thank heavens for Uncle Phil and his big bear hugs.
7. That Time In Independence Day When Will Smith Totally Stole The Show
We had to end on a cheerful note (because it is his birthday). Will Smith: 1. Alien: 0
Happy Birthday Will Smith. Here’s hoping you have a smashing day!
By Amie-Jo Locke