With the new season bringing a treasure trove of A-list approved minis, maxis and everything in-between, it’s time to meet the hero skirts set to save your springtime wardrobe…
We’ve seen an army of trendsetters swishing their way into spring in fringed skirts, and the good news is that the high street has just received its very own delivery. Breton tees and oversized blazers give these statement-makers preppy polish or try with sky-high heels to add glam factor. Just add a boxy tee and cross-body bag and you’ll be streaks ahead in the style charts.
Missguided Fringed Skirt, £28
Perky Peplum Hems
As seen on fashion insiders everywhere, this mini is an update on the fluted pencil skirts of last summer. Here’s our fave ways to wear it…
– Copy the street stylers and team with a longer length, oversized tee in a complementary colour for a fresh take on the co-ord.
– To dress it down, tuck-in a grey marl knit and don your trainers for a new take on smart/casual.
– Balance the silhouette with a structured top half. A cropped, boxy jacket will work wonders.
New Look Yellow Skirt, £24
Catwalk-Approved Denim Maxis
Since Chloe debuted a floor-sweeping, button-down denim skirt for SS15, we’ve been keeping our eyes peeled for a high street tribute. Thankfully, the wait is over as both Zara have a mega maxi to satisfy our catwalk craving. Destined to be worn with this season’s gladiator flats, try this buttoned version with a contrasting blue sweater for a right-off-the-runway look.
Zara Denim Skirt, £29.99
A-Line Printed Midis
With ‘70s mania showing no sign of waning, these patterned pretties are a flattering, girlie way to rock the trend’s key A-line silhouette. Crop tops, camis and even fine knit jumpers match these versatile midis perfectly or you could even try a clashing print top for an unexpected twist.
Coast A-Line Skirt, £129
The Carrie Skirt Comeback
Immortalised by Carrie Bradshaw, the tulle skirt is experiencing a stylish revival of late. With pretty ballerina styles in sorbet shades and jewel tones, this is how to wear them in 2015…
– Ankle boots and a fitted jacket will add a polished edge to your tulle.
– Thanks to their high-waisted fit, these skirts will work with a crop top without baring too much skin. Try a long sleeved one for extra coverage.
– You can’t deny the princess potential of these netted numbers. Embrace it wholeheartedly with strappy metallic heels and an embellished bag.
See the rest of spring’s hottest skirt shapes in this week’s issue, out now! And head to TheFashionDrop for more amazing high street picks!