Having a resting bitch face is no laughing matter. See what we did there?
A lot of our famous celebrity sisters sport a bitchy resting face – we’re not alone, hoorah! – including Lucy Watson, Instagram’s resident bad gal Rihanna, queen of sarcasm Kourtney Kardashian and Kristen Stewart. And we love them for it.
In some situations it can totally come in handy (such as handling that brush-off in serious style), but at other times it can be a right pain.
1. People say ‘SMILE THEN’ as they shove a camera in your face.
You’ve perfected the art of the sexy smoulder. And the seductive pout. And the expressionless selfie.
Because otherwise, 9 times out of 10, you’ll look like a cross between Wallace and Gromit and a crazy person.
2. People will ask you if you’re ok at least once every 10 minutes…
3. Telling jokes can be pretty tough.
Most people will think you’re being serious.
No. Sometimes I do sarcasm. And I’m even pretty witty, thanks.
4. But having arguments can be pretty fun.
5. People will assume you’re bored, when really you’re having the time of your life. Inside.
I’m loving life right now. Can’t you tell?
6. You’ll be mistaken for having an attitude problem A LOT.
Really, this is just my face. I promise.
7. Making friends can be tough.
If you had a pound for everyone that said ‘I thought you were a right grumpy cow when I first met you’, you’d be a millionaire.
8. The face ache.
Having to sport a forced smile and show enthusiasm for that all-important event is exhausting. Trust us.
9. Sometimes, you just want to BE.
This really is just my face, guys…
By Laura Jane Turner