The Instagram feed of stylist turned blogger, Megan Ellaby, is always our go to when we’re looking for a little style inspo. With her retro signature style, she is rarely seen without a pair of supersized sunnies and 70s-style mules. Whilst soaking up the Spanish sun with New Look we swapped some essential travel tips just in time for your summer vacays… You’re welcome.
Read: Look’s List Of The Best Fashion Bloggers
How do you get your-self holiday ready – Is there a pre-holiday beauty regime?
Oh yes! A pedi is the first thing on my hit list and before I go on a big trip there is always a serious skin routine: Liz Earle’s Cleanse and Polish, Gentle Face Exfoliator and Deep Cleansing Face Mask all make an appearance (you can probably guess I am a big Liz Earle fan girl!)
Where are your holiday wardrobe hot spots on the high street?
New Look have some amazing summery prints like palm leaf patterns and statement stripes in really great colours; they’ve nailed it. Zara have got the 70s boho trend down and Office are killing it for shoes (I’m obsessed with their suede slip on mules!)
What’s your No 1 packing tip?
I’m a roller! Everything that can be rolled is rolled! I also use dust bags to act as packing squares. So I’ll have underwear in one, swimwear in another and even one dedicated to hair products. (Top Tip: Remember to always take an empty one for dirty undies and clothes!)
Describe the perfect plane outfit?
I have this long sleeved black jersey jumpsuit from Selected Femme and it’s the comfiest thing ever! So I always wear that on long haul flights with converse and a big pair of sunglasses (of course!)
Any pre or post-plane beauty tips?
During any flight I use Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir face mist that is perfect for refreshing/ hydrating your skin. I also love Ren’s Wake Wonderful facemask; that goes on straight away before every long haul flight!
Do you read any travel blogs? If so what’s your fave?
I personally love lifestyle blogs that combine travel with fashion such as The Little Magpie, In The Frow and Frock Me I’m Famous. If you’re after something purely travel though then check out Wanderlust Chloe – she is literally away somewhere amazing every single week it seems!
If you could pack only 5 things what would they be?
1. A pair of flattering denim shorts that you feel amazing in. They are so versatile and will work for both day and night.
2. A pair of flat comfy trainers to go exploring in. I practically live in Converse at the moment.
3. This is a bit of a cheat but a selection of sunglasses. Even when I go away for a long weekend I take several pairs away with me – they’re the ultimate summer accessory so you can never have enough!
4. A fun cross body bag that will work with a tonne of different outfits. The cross body strap is super practical but you can get some really fun and kooky ones. I’m currently loving New Looks’ pineapple novelty bag and Anya Hindmarch’s rainbow motif satchel.
5. Something striped. If I don’t wear something striped at least once a week I get major withdrawals.
Bikini or swimsuit?
Sun cream or tanning oil?
Sun cream – in a high factor!
Jumpsuit or maxi dress?
Tan: from a bottle or from the sun?
From the sun (but not too much!)
Party hol or chilled retreat?
Girly get-away or romantic escape?
This one is tough, it depends; if it’s a girly getaway in a quiet chilled resort then I would go with that but when you’re going away with a bunch of girls that’s unlikely to happen!
Ice cream or cocktails?
Lace up glads or sporty sliders?
That’s hard because I love both but for this season I’m going to go with sporty sliders
Swimming in a pool or in the ocean?
On guys: swim shorts or speedos?
Swim shorts all the way! No budgie smugglers please!!!