Obviously, we all know that Kanye West announced that he wanted to run for President of the US in 2020 at this year’s MTV VMAs.
And it was quite the moment. The rapper announced his big news at the end of his ten-minute acceptance speech for the VMA’s lifetime achievement honor.
‘And yes, as you probably could’ve guessed in this moment, I’ve decided in 2020 to run for president,’ he said before striding off the stage.
Since then, in an interview with Vanity Fair, Kanye has confimed that this is certainly no joke.
In fact, the rapper says that people are “really into the idea” because they think he’s “extremely thoughtful” and “probably the most honest celebrity we have”.
Although he had one spanner to thrown into the works: he “hates politics”.
He said: “I’m not a politician at all. I care about the truth and human beings. I just want everyone to win, that’s all I can say, and I think we can.”
“When I run for president, I’d prefer not to run against someone. I would be like ‘I want to work with you’.”
So we’ve been thinking. If Kanye were to win, what kind of First Lady would Kim Kardashian make?
Here’s 7 things we think she’d totally do if she moved into the White House…
1) Bodycon Fridays would be rolled out nationwide. Natch’.
2) National Selfie Day would be made an official US holiday.
3) ‘How to contour’ would be included in the American Constitution.
4) A new law would be put in place: NO Instagrams of food. Ever. It’s like, so not cute.
5) All working Fridays would finish at 3pm. (To allow four hours for glam before a night out, obv.)
6) Lessons in tanning would be worked into school syllabus.
7) The national flag would get a monochrome makeover. Because it’s so much more flattering, duh.
8) The White House would be renamed The West House.
9) She’d make sure her First Lady wardrobe was the most AWESOME one ever.
All hail First Lady, Kimmy K.