We first spotted Jessica working high necks at the Shiatzy Chen show at Paris Fashion Week where she wore an electric blue oriental style dress, while only yesterday she was out and about in New York wearing a signature floral trousers, high neck blouse and chic blazer (teamed with a swoon-worthy Roger Vivier bag). High necks are tricky to wear, so follow Jessica’s style lead to keep the look flattering.
1. If you go for a high neck dress style, you can afford to raise the hemlines, just ensure you go with tights!
2. If you’re busty, opt for more lightweight fabrics to reduce bulk and create a V-shaped neckline with an additional layer.
3. To keep the look modern, opt for sleeveless or or long sleeves, both which look more sophisticated than short sleeves.
4. A longer necklace or long-line blazer will lengthen your torso, balancing your frame.
5. Always opt for fitted styles to avoid looking swamped – perfect for rocking this season’s tailoring trend.
6. Keep the colour palette simple, like Jessica’s monochrome look.
7. Rock a top knot! Taking your hair away from your face will balance the look and make you look instantly slimmer. HE