We’ve all done it, whether you catch them on a bench or a passing bike, tights get laddered – very easily! Now the clever tightsperts at TightsPlease.co.uk have come up with these ingenious ways of reusing your bin-bound nylons. Read on for their tips…
- Cut off horizontal two inch wide strips of old tights to make elastic loops, then twist them smaller to create snag-free hair ties. Experiment with different patterned tights to make exclusive-to-you hair accessories.
- Ripped tights are bang on trend so don’t worry about a small ladder, why not make it even bigger and rock ripped tights like Katy Perry, Rihanna and the House Of Holland catwalk.
- Go for the slashed look with a pair of old leggings or thick opaque tights and cut even slits down the side of the leg. Experiment with different looks to create a unique pair of leg wear without shelling out your cash!
- Wear snagged tights under ripped jeans. You’ll get an on-trend layered look and it won’t matter if your tights are ripped as most of them will be hidden.
- Cut the foot off your clean tights, add odd pieces of soap and tie the open end to make a quick and easy skin scrubber. Then get exfoliating! AT