Ah, Roberto Cavalli. Always one to roll out a sensational catwalk collection and create some of the looks that are top of our new season wish lists. For spring/summer 2015 it was no different. As look after glamorous look sashayed down the catwalk, we found ourselves dreaming of warmer climes and rocking a Cavalli printed maxi dress on some sun-drenched yacht far, far away. Well, we can dream… Anyway, back to the show. With so much glamour and FROW action going on, picking our top five moments was no mean feat, but here they are…
1. First up, we’ve gotta hand it to Roberto. He makes a gorgeous dress. We’ve especially fallen for the thigh slit, cut out zebra number: the shape is definitely one for more daring fashion fans, but we guarantee zebra print will be everywhere pretty sharpish after Cavalli showed an entire animal-print parade of frocks.
2. A Cavalli show is never a Cavalli show without some high-octane glamour involved. Think supermodel at Cannes and you’re on the right track. This season the designer showed a selection of leather and metallic maxi and mini dresses, meaning we’re sorry to say that a simple LBD just won’t cut the mustard anymore. We want them all.
3. The FROW. Just like the catwalk, there was plenty of sparkle there too, thanks to an A-list line up (we all know the celebs love a Cavalli frock, so they were no doubt plotting their red carpet shopping lists). Coco Rocha looked gorgeous in a floral jacket next to Italian Vogue ed, Franca Sozzani, while Cavalli mega-fan Heidi Klum caught the paparazzi attention with her monochrome outfit and trademark supermodel smile. Watch out for Ms Klum in a sexy SS15 leather number soon!
4. Taking attention away from the celebs at a fashion show is no easy task, but there was only one girl all the photographers wanted to snap; Chiara Ferragni. Also known as the street style queen and mastermind behind one of our fave blogs, The Blonde Salad, Chiara cemented her status as a true fashion A-lister at Cavalli’s Milan show. Rocking a new season Cavalli outfit, photographers pretty much tripped over themselves to get a pic! Well, we do think it’s a brilliant outfit.
5. Lastly, we just couldn’t get enough of all of the tulle on display at Cavalli’s show. Already proving to be a major SS15 trend, at Cavalli it looked even better re-imagined in fresh white and pastel embroidery. If this season is all about being bold and directional with both your colours and your shapes, next is shaping up to be much more carefree. Our advice? Invest in some zebra stripes and embroidered, floaty tulle now – you won’t regret it!
By Sophie Haslett