Jessica Alba, Victoria Beckham, Kate Hudson and Natalie Portman – well-dressed baby bumps have been leading the way in celebville, but what’s their secret to comfort and style? We’ve had loads of your letters lately asking for advice and suggestions for managing your pregnancy wardrobe. Forget frumpy smocks, you can still be on-trend with these high-street maternity gems, which are all practical and stylish too. Available in store and online now, they’ll leave you with more time to think about your baby names! HE
LOOK’s top tips for maternity dressing:
- Stick to breathable, natural fabrics such as linen, silk, cashmere, cotton and wool, to will keep you cool.
- Buy good quality staples such as floral dresses, tube skirts and simple separates that will last throughout your pregnancyand still work with the rest of your wardrobe after you’ve given birth.
- If you’re keen to show off your bump, choose pieces in soft jersey that will cling in all the right places. Alternatively, breezy tunics with a scoop neckline will look super stylish.
- Look to the high street: lots of stores including H&M, Topshop and Dorothy Perkins reproduce their mainline collections in maternity ranges.
- You’ll be surprised how quickly you grow out of your jeans and trousers, so invest in a good quality pair of maternity jeans that will last through your entire pregnancy – Topshop have the best.