It’s official! There WILL be an Absolutely Fabulous movie. But wait, it gets even better: Rumour has it Harry Styles is being lined up to play Joanna Lumley’s love interest. Ah-maaaazing.
Insiders claim Jennifer Saunders is super keen to cast Harry, 21, in the big screen version of everyone’s favourite BBC comedy.
Yep. Patsy and Eddie will soon be making their way to the silver screen to continue their hi-larious antics. Oh, sweetie! Darling! Could we be more excited?
While on This Morning on Wednesday, Joanna Lumley confirmed that her co-star Jennifer Saunders has already finished the script. It’s due to start shooting in October and will be ‘gorgeous’. Not that we expected anything less.
‘She has written it. It would be wrong to say I’ve completely read it because it keeps changing. I think we’re going to the South of France to do some of the filming,’ said Joanna.
‘It’ll be ravishingly funny, gorgeous and completely fabulous.’
Reckon you and your BFF have a bit of the Patsy and Eddie about you? Here’s all the signs you need to look out for…
1. You like the occasional drink
2. Or two…
3. You take pride in your honesty with each other
4. You always stick to the big issues
5. You’re both the coolest people you know.
6. You have the best strategy for dealing with exes
7. Together, you’ve refined your chat up technique
8. And accepted exercise isn’t for you.
9. While figuring out your night out essentials
10. Your sense of humour is as dry as your wine.
11. And while some might think you’re mean to each other…
12. You know you’ll be BFFs forever
Can’t relate? Maybe you don’t approve of Patsy and Eddie’s antics. Then you’re probably an entirely different AbFabber altogether…