Taking pride in your makeup is a prerequisite for most females these days. (Show us one city-dwelling, twenty-something that doesn’t do a half dece job on herself).
But reaching a level of cosmetic artistry *so* beautiful, that random girls are asking you for tips in the club toilets = real skills.
For most of us, however, we just love doing makeup for the hell of it.
Or the process of transforming yourself from a solid 9 to a solid…9 (#Foreveronfleek).
We might even enjoy contouring, blending and highlighting more than… eating?
Ok, ok, so the two are on par – but here’s 15 things you only know if you love makeup (and that you can’t do with pizza btw).
1. Makeup means faking it in more ways than one…
2. …And you know how to pull off the ‘no makeup makeup’ look SO well, that you scoff when people compliment your ‘natural’ beauty
3. You talk of Bobbi, Charlotte, Laura and Estee in breathless ecstasy as if they were your signficant other…
5. You also sacrifice affection for contour… on the reg.
6. Which means you sometimes think that you’ll die alone – but at least you’ll look damn good doing it AND you’ll have brought joy to others.>
7. You know that good makeup inspiration can strike anywhere, anytime – from man or beast.
8. Buying a pristine new makeup bag gives you the same feeling buying a new pencilcase at school used to. i.e. unparalleled joy.
9. Stepping back to admire your face after you’ve finished painting it makes you feel like Leonardo Di Vinci.
10. Sometimes you look at a stranger’s makeup and find yourself guessing what products are on their face.
11. Sometimes you (secretly) judge strangers for their makeup because you can’t help it.
12. If you misplace one brush during your makeup routine, your day is legit ruined.
13. And when you smudge your mascara after blending your eyeshadow you think about calling for medical attention.>
14. But when you think about how far you and your makeup have come, you *know* you’re in it for the long haul…>
By Georgina Lawton