Having luscious lengthy locks is something we all lust after, no?
Thick hair is the goal. Whether you’re after that textured bob a la Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, or those tumbling beach waves that the likes of Blake Lively and Amanda Seyfried are blessed with.
See: Long Hairstyles: Celebrity Styles We Love
But don’t think for one second that this beauty blessing doesn’t come hand-in-hand with its pains.
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini knows.
1. Why haven’t they invented invincible hair ties?
Trust us when we say there’s NOTHING like the annoyance of THE SNAP.
Half way through fastening a perfectly crafted ponytail in place, those little elastic guys just give up on you.
2. Finding the perfect hair curling device is like striking gold.
Because we don’t love spending two hours painstakingly curling our hair only to have it drop out after half an hour on the town.
3. Hot flushes.
No matter what time of year it is, you’re basically wearing a permanent scarf around your neck.
4. There’s not really such a thing as ‘I couldn’t be bothered to do my hair today.’
We don’t really get that luxury.
5… We’re permanently rocking a topknot.
6. We spend a minimum of half an hour in the shower to wash our mane.
All of that lathering takes a LOT of rinsing. And repeating.
Otherwise our hair will end up greasier than when we started.
7. Box dyes?
We’ll take 10 boxes. Seriously.
8. Our hair literally EATS bobby pins.
We’ll be finding them for days.
9. Our homes are filled with ALL the hair.
Boyfriends, flat mates, be warned.
By Laura Jane Turner