We all know that drying our hair can do just that – dry our hair out. We never have the time to let it dry naturally, and when we do, we end up looking like we’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards. So, take a look at some of our little tips to ensure you keep your hair healthy and strong when drying it.
1. Never brush your hair until it is 80% dry. When the hair is wet, it’s more likely to break when being brushed, so give it a quick blast before brushing all those naughty knots out. Our favourite brush which is perfect to throw in your handbag is the Tangle Teezer.
2. Always use a pre-drying hair serum, this will nourish and hydrate your locks and protect them from the heat of the hair dryer. We love Aussie Dual Styling Shine Serum.
3. The legendary Morrocan Oil works wonders on dry hair, pump a small dollop onto your hand and work through the ends of your hair (avoid the roots if you have greasy hair!) This will give you a fab shine and keep it feeling soft and silky.
4. Always hold the hair dryer a good four inches away from your hair, this will provide enough power and heat to dry without actually burning it. One of our favourtie hair dryers is the Mark Hill Salon Professional Power Hair Dryer, and we adore the zebra print pattern!
5. Lastly, after drying spritz a little Salon Science Hydrasmooth Cooling Spray to protect hair from environental damage to to smoothe your scalp.
Happy drying girls!
By Lucia Campolucci- Bordi