We were swooning over Lily Collins’ smouldering, kohled eyes on the red carpet last night, at the Berlin premiere of her new film The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones. Mastering a smart smoky eye can be a bit of a minefield, so here’s our simple how-to to get the perfect sultry stare.
- Sweep foundation across your eyelids, right up to your brow bone, to get a crease-free, primed base.
- Dip the tip of a tapered eyeshadow brush in water before lining your upper and lower lashlines in the dark gunmetal grey shade from Rimmel London’s Traffic Stopping Eye Shadow Palette in Sharp Turn, £6.49. Before the shadow dries, look up and blink to press the colour into your eye creases – this marks the line you should fill to with the lighter, silvery grey shade.
- Use the pale, pastel pink hue around the corners of your to eyes to really make them pop.
- Trace a final layer of liquid liner, such as Topshop’s Waterproof Liner in Ebony, £5, along your upper lashline. Drag it up by about 5mm at the outer corner (angle it so it would meet the end of your eye brow if you extended right it out).
- Don’t forget to curl your lashes before combing them through with a volumising mascara, such as Look Beauty Lash Attack, £3.50.
By Charlotte Jolly
Remember, you can buy the digital edition of LOOK magazine for your tablet or iPhone. And don’t forget to rate it in iTunes!