Follow Max Factor’s step-by-step guide to achieve a failsafe smoky eye look
The smoky eye is a classic beauty look favoured by A-listers including Mila Kunis, Keira Knightley and Kristen Stewart on the red carpet, but it has a reputation for being difficult to recreate at home. Maintaining its founder’s belief that every woman can achieve glamour, Max Factor has created a step-by-step guide to make the smoky eye part of your beauty repertoire.
Whether you want a slightly subtler day look or you’re ready to make a statement, the versatile smoky eye can cater to both. “As a general rule, keep the intensity of colour around your lash line,” suggests Max Factor make-up artist Caroline Barnes. “Then gently blend the colour outwards towards your socket, so it disappears into nothing.”
Ready to try a smoky eye for yourself? Read on…
– Smudge Wild Shadow Pencil in Savage Silver into the inner corner of your lids and under the tear ducts to highlight.
– Next, take Wild Shadow Pencil in Caramel Rage and blend it across the rest of your lid and under the outer corners of your lower lashes.
– If you’re after an elegant daytime look, finish by applying False Lash Effect Mascara in Black to give your lashes look-at-me length.
– For a wilder, party-ready look, blend Wild Shadow Pot in Brazen Charcoal into the socket, and wing it outwards to create a cat’s eye shape.
– Then define the lower lash line by applying Wild Shadow Pot in Ferocious Black with an Eye Definer brush and soften.
– Finally, apply False Lash Effect Mascara in Black to the bottom lashes to really accentuate the look.