During a hectic New York fashion week our Beauty Editor, Sam Freedman, cleared her diary for half a day to chat to one of our favourite Brit supermodel, the gorgeous Jourdan Dunn, 25. This isn’t the first time they’ve met, in fact, I think it could be their fourth or fifth, and chatty, extremely friendly Jourdan hasn’t forgot. “Hey girl”, she shrinks down from her 5”9 (plus heels) a few inches, and greets Sam (only 5”4) with two big fashion air-kisses.
See: Jourdan Dunn’s Style File
Jourdan has to be one of the friendliest models ever, she’s always willing to grab her bag so we can take a look at her make-up must-have’s or her phone when we ask who she’s following on Instagram, and never says no to a selfie-sesh. With Burberry, Victoria Secret and Maybelline New York, campaigns under her belt, her own food YouTube channel and a kids clothing range in the pipeline, we cant believe she’s stayed so grounded.
If you don’t love her already, you will after finding out these facts about the super…
1. The best thing about being Jourdan Dunn is…getting free stuff [she laughs].
2. The last beauty tip I shared with a friend was…to highlight before you apply your foundation or concealer, it gives you more of a ‘glow from within’.
3. My favourite thing to shop for is…skincare products, especially at Duty Free. I like getting face masks for the flight, I’m obsessed with the SKII Sheet Masks, £60 for six. And then when I’m on the plane I just go a bit crazy with the in-flight shopping.
4. The workout I’m currently obsessed with…is Barrecore, it’s just amazing for toning up and seeing results fast. I try and go three times a week, and If I cant get to a class I’ll do one online from my living room.
5. Inside my clutch bag you’d find…A lipstick, last night I wore Maybelline New York Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Divine, £6.99, a brow gel- a girls always got to make sure her brows are on point, my phone, card, keys and [Maybelline] Dr Rescue lip balm, £3.49.
6. The next step I’m planning in my career is…to launch my kids clothing range. My son was my muse for it. It’s actually really surreal that it’s all coming to life now after so many meetings. I’ve also got my cooking show [Well Dun With Jourdan Dunn], which I’m really excited to grow. I got to go to Thailand and wunder around the markets to source new recipes and it was heaven. I’m also thinking about doing my own cookbook.
7. My life motto is… ‘I’m a mother first’, and my agency really understands that. I’m so blessed to have my mum there for support too. There is nothing better than the unconditional love that my son has for me and I have for him. When I come through door and see him he is just so happy to see me.
8. The one person who ALWAYS gives me style inspo is…Ciara. She always looks on point, from her hair and make-up to her clothes. I just love her.
9. The high street shop I always go to first is…Topshop, you just cant go wrong with anything from there.
10. If I could trade lives with anyone…it would be my son Riley.