If you haven’t watched the Oscars, but you’ve been eye-ing up the red carpet looks there’s no doubt you’ll have a favourite or two. Spying their glossy locks and glowing skin along with WOW-worthy gowns, the question on everyone’s lips here at LOOK HQ though? What really goes into getting the A-list looking so gorgeous and glam? Well, we found out and are here to share all…
5- Steps To Lily Aldridge’s Glowing Skin
Celebrity make-up artist Quinn Murphy reveals just how he created Lily’s drop-dead-glowing skin…notepads at the ready ladies:
1. Prep the skin with Laura Mercier Infusion de Rose Nourishing Oil, £44, to give a gorgeous luminous quality to it.
2. Use Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, £19.50, underneath the eyes and on the sides of the nose to hide any imperfections.
3. Cover skin in a light layer of the new Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Golden, £35 and then dust on Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, £27, to ensure everything stays put.
4. To add shimmer to the cheeks, apply Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Indiscretion, £31, on the top of the cheekbones.
5. And finally, add Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze, £27, around the edges of the face, under the cheekbones, under the jawline and on the temple to sculpt and excentuate your bone structure.
Miranda Kerr’s Knockout Red Lips
Lisa Storey was the lady in charge or Miranda’s gorge red lip. She revealed that she completed the look with Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Mon Cheri, £22– “It’s a gorgeous color with a rich, velvety finish. It has lovely, deep pigments, so we didn’t have to worry about it running throughout the night. It’s the perfect consistency”, says Storey.
Margot Robbie’s On-The-Day Facial
“I created her look as if she just came off the beach and threw on an amazing gown meets classic American fashion model Margaux Hemmingway,” says Margot’s make-up artist Tyron Machhausen. The focus of her makeup look was “sunkissed, glowing and beautiful skin, so I started by gently massaging RéVive Intensité Crème Luster Day, £235, all over her face. I like to spending some extra time giving her a mini-face massage too, it helps the skin to look extra glowing and fresh.”
Emily Blunt’s Curl Holding Trick
Styling hair wet is a no, no. We all know that, but what if we told you it’s the best way to get your curls to last?! Emily Blunt’s hairstylist, Laini Reeves revealed that she rough dried Emily’s chestnut locks until they were three quarters of the way dry, spritz it with Hairspray and then took a 2-inch curling wand to it to create the curls. The result is a wave that stays put and doesn’t drop out. Genius!
Chrissy Teigen’s Metallic Smokey Eye
Chrissy’s go-to make-up artist Mary Philips reveals that the subtle smokey eye she created was all with this Lorac Unzipped Palette, £52. “I love nudes and think this eye shows you can use them in an array of tones in a way that wont wash you out. I use the lighter colours to highlight and the darker ones to add depth and pop”, says Philips.
Julianne Moore’s Zero Downtime Facial
We know Julianne Moore’s skin is pretty spectacular, but what did she use just before the big night to get it looking even more wow-worthy? Joanna Vargas, the NYC facialist behind a serious array of wonder glows (including Karlie Kloss and Maggie Gyllenhaal) revealed all, “Julianne has incredible skin. With her I have a very specific regimen that really works for her,” says Vargas. The immediate Oscar prep starts with Vargas Forever Facial and an LED Light Bed. Although we can’t hop on a plane to experience Vargas wonder facial we can try the LED Light Bed treatment here in the UK (for your nearest stockist head here). It helps stimulate collagen production and tighten the skin.