Fake nails go in and out of fashion, but they’re really having a moment again right now, thanks to the likes of Kylie Jenner, Rihanna and Vanessa Hudgens.
See: Celebrity Nail Art – Hot Designs To Try
Whether you’re a pointy talon sister, a lover of the coffin-shaped rounded square or you’re just after a more natural looking extension to your own nails, you’re bound to be met with the same fake nail problems.
How many of these do you know only too well?
1. There’s no such thing as rushing.
Buttons? Those little guys just won’t go in quietly.
You think autocorrect is a complete struggle?
You know NOTHING.
3. Nobody at work will want to sit next to you.
Some people just can’t handle the noise that’s coming from your keyboard.
4. Washing up?
And ruin my £35 manicure?
Oh HELL no.
5. Washing your hair becomes an even BIGGER chore.
Didn’t think it was possible?
Just wait until your acrylic nails start to pop off. There’s nothing like the irritation of getting your hair caught under there.
6. Getting mascara or eyeliner inside the corner of your eye…
Honestly, you may as well just leave it. Unless you’re happy to practically dig out your eyeball.
Yeah, thought not.
7. Eating with your hands?
It’s just not an option.
No ribs for you.
8. The term ‘gunk’ takes on a whole new meaning.
It’s probably best not to think about what has accumulated under those talons.
9. Sad news if you’ve got a Diet Coke addicition.
Those babies won’t pop open so easily anymore.
10. You’ll donate all of your loose change to the pavement.
Simply because you won’t be able to pick it back up again.
11. Tights become disposable, so you might like to stock up.
Because you’re guaranteed to poke a ladder through them. Every time.
Having said all this, we love fake nails. They look pretty though, right?
By Laura Jane Turner