Terms and Conditions
“Look.co.uk” Website: Terms & Conditions of Participation
These terms and conditions relate specifically to your use of the LOOK website, www.look.co.uk, in connection with the LOOK Hotlist application and the LOOK What I’m Wearing franchise (the "Website") published by IPC Media Limited ("IPC", "we" or "us"). These terms and conditions are in addition to the general user terms of IPC which also apply to your use of the Website and which incorporate IPC's Acceptable Use Policy.
1. By becoming a member of the Website via Facebook you automatically sign up to use LOOK’s social reading application, “LOOK Hotlist”, which will:
a. post to Facebook articles you’ve read on the Website.
b. acknowledge engagement with articles on the Website for any meaningful period of time as ‘actions’ posted on Facebook. When an article has been shared, you will be notified immediately and will be given the option to remove the article on your timeline.
Please note that at any time you can change the privacy settings of this Facebook application within your Facebook settings. For example, you can limit the settings so that you alone can track your activity (so that the application serves as your bookmarking tool and help you archive articles you have read), or limit the visibility of your activity to your friends so that you can help each other discover new cool fashion trends and news. You can also remove individual articles from the “LOOK Hotlist” widget by going to the ‘Your Activity’ tab and clicking the cross on the right. Your reading activity is not stored by IPC.
2. When you sign up to participate in “LOOK What I’m Wearing” and upload images of yourself, you:
a. warrant that you are over the age of 18. Participation is strictly closed to users under the age of 18 and IPC shall remove and shall not publish any image of any user found or thought to be under the age of 18;
b. grant IPC a non-exclusive, royalty free, non-assignable, non-sub-licensable licence to use personal images of yourself wearing your choice of outfit, including details of the outfit (the “Images”) on the Website, in print, on the core LOOK website at www.look.co.uk, across various social media channels and wherever it sees fit;
c. agree to irrevocably and unconditionally waive your moral rights in the Images, with respect to material published in any format or medium, whether printed, electronic or otherwise, under section 77 and 80 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988;
d. agree to IPC’s use of your email address and other personal information for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, the addition of your details to the LOOK newsletter mailing list; and
e. agree to Facebook’s terms and conditions.
3. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that:
a. all registration information you submit via Facebook is truthful and accurate;
b. you will maintain the accuracy of such information;
c. you are 18 years of age or older; and
d. your use of the Website does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
4. We may cancel your Website account at any time if for any reason we believe you have breached any of the above requirements. Please choose carefully the information you post on the Website and that you provide to other users. Your profile may not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses, , and any photographs containing obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter (as set out at paragraph 6 below). Despite this prohibition, information provided by other Website members (for instance, in their profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and IPC assumes no responsibility or liability for this material.
5. If you become aware of misuse of the Website services by any person, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. IPC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time.
6. You agree that you shall not submit content that in the opinion of IPC:
a. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
b. exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
c. contains violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
d. solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
e. provides any telephone numbers, street addresses or email addresses;
f. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
g. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
h. involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming", or "spamming";
i. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
j. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
k. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Website users;
l. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
m. includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
n. attempts to impersonate another Website user or person.
7. IPC reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who in IPC's sole opinion is in breach of paragraph 6 of these terms, including without limitation, reporting you to the applicable law enforcement authorities.