Tom Ford turns 52 today (we wouldn’t put that wrinkle-free face a day over 40) so we’re hoping the suit saint will have a few glasses of Moët to toast the big day and invite some showbiz pals to party on down – what a guest list that would be.
Not only has the former Gucci god dressed the sexiest ladies ever to win a place on the A-list, but Tom’s measured the inside leg of some of Hollywood’s hottest sexpots. Lucky, lucky man.
In fact, he’s so respected by certain fashion-conscious celebs that one music mogul even wrote an entire track about the razor sharp tailor as a nod to his tip-top creations, which got us thinking – if he did have an all-out boozy party tonight, who would get a golden ticket?
1. Justin Timberlake would no doubt be popping corks at this birthday bash after the swish crooner teamed up with Tom to create a suave bespoke wardrobe for his latest tour. Top tailoring pals.
2. Brit beaut Robert Pattinson loves the birthday boy’s namesake label too. You can expect the Twilight star to don a freshly cut suit to his next premiere if he’s not pictured first smouldering in one of Tom’s tartan wool coats. #1 celeb fan.
3. Beyoncé slipped into a super-sexy Tom Ford cut out frock for the VMA after-party last weekend, but Bey wouldn’t be the only family member getting a VIP pass to Tom’s bash…
4. Hubbie Jay-Z is the music superstar to pen a track dedicated to the handiwork of Mr Ford so we’d be surprised if he didn’t pop along with his wife and daughter Blue Ivy – her first pair of heels were designed by the main man himself too!
5. Tux lover Tinie Tempah is another singer to grow a soft spot for the former YSL creative director’s garms. Tom’s sleek lined suits and bold specs are two of Tinie’s fave fashion picks.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
6. Colin Firth would have received a chic party invite in the post from the US designer as the British actor starred in the 52-year-old’s directional debut, A Single Man. Film friends.
7. Anne Hathaway‘s partial to a figure-hugging gown by the slick designer. The Les Miserables star has slipped into many a Tom Ford for her red carpet appearances.
8. Rihanna‘s shoe collection boasts a good few pairs of the birthday boy’s sassy styles too. From knee high monochrome printed boots to S&M inspired padlock stilettos, RiRi can’t get enough of Tom’s fierce footwear.
We reckon it’s safe to say this all round charming chap has worked his magic on a few celebs in his time because that’s one serious guestlist. All we need now is for Tom to actually have a party and pop our invite in the post…
By Claire Blackmore
Remember, you can buy the digital edition of
magazine for your tablet or iPhone. And don’t forget to rate it in iTunes!