Want to know who's the highest EVER scoring contestant? Look this way...
We can’t believe this year’s Strictly Come Dancing is almost at an end.
But on 17 December, we’ll see the crowning of a new winner – and they’ll be lifting that infamous glitterball trophy. Ooh.
They’ll be the successor to last year’s #1 Jay McGuiness, and will join the ranks of previous winners including Caroline Flack, Alesha Dixon, Harry Judd, Abbey Clancy and Kara Tointon.
If you’re suffering from a serious bout of Strictly fever (we know we are), you’ll be wanting to know everything about the series past and present.
That’s where we come in. Thanks to the clever people at Voucherbox.co.uk, we’ve learnt some ah-mazing facts that we bet you never knew. Make sure you take notes, we can see these coming up in a pub quiz one day…
1) Alesha Dixon is the most successful singer in the show’s history
2) Despite Alesha Dixon winning a seat on the judging panel, Natalie Gumede has the highest average judges’ score in history
3) TV presenter Quentin Wilson is the worst scoring dancer in Strictly history with an average score of just eight points per dance
4) Soap stars are historically successful, with Hollyoaks taking the title of the highest achieving soap with an average of 34 points per dance
5) EastEnders has provided almost half – a whopping 45% – of soap contestants ever to take part in the competition
6) Rugby players on average have finished two places higher than footballers on the show
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
7) Singers and musicians perform best on the show
8) Until this year’s show, former MPs averaged a dismal 10th place in the competition
9) Politicians are the worst performing contestants with an average score of just 17 points per dance
10) At 23 points per dance, Ed Balls exceeded expectations and bucked the trend of former politicians, who have scored the lowest points with the judges