Kristen Wiig will probably be smothering her teeth with chocolate cake à la Annie in Bridesmaids tonight as the tear-inducingly funny actress turns 40 today!
Everyone’s fave comedy gal gained about a gazillion fans when she starred as the soul searching joker who sings bad karaoke at her bessie’s engagement party in the chick flick that even had the boys in the stitches.
So, we thought there was no better way to celebrate the comedienne’s special day than to take a look at the quotes that made us love her. Seriously, we want to be her.
1. “I used to carry my dad’s empty guitar case around the neighbourhood because I wanted people to think I played the guitar. I would put Flintstones vitamins in it in case I got tired, so I could pop some and keep walking,” she told Women’s Health.
2. “Ten years from now, I want to look back and have a body of work that I’m really proud of. And I want to have a body…like Gisele. A really amazing body,” she spilled to Elle.
3. “I could see myself staying in New York. I can actually see myself walking through Central Park with an ill-fitting wig. That and flip-flops. Even in the winter. I’ll be that lady,” she confessed to Vanity Fair when talking about her Granny plans.
4. “For most of my life I wanted to be Olivia Newton-John,” Kristen told Women’s Health.
5. “I just always gravitate toward the kind of characters or people that maybe you don’t want to talk to for a long time at a party, but you do like to watch what they’re doing,” she revelaed to Time Out.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
Even smoking hot Bridesmaids co-star Jon Hamm loves her! He told Time: “This is a lady who can wear coconuts on her boobs and talk out of her butt, but as soon as you say she’s pretty, she gets super-embarrassed. She’s always shrinking into a hoodie or a knit cap and doesn’t want to be noticed, which is adorable.”
Don’t be trying to steal our girl crush, Hamm. But make sure you buy her a disgustingly expensive birthday present or we’ll be onto you.
Happy Birthday Kristen (be our BFF, you know you want to).
By Claire Blackmore