Gwyneth Paltrow’s new cookbook ‘It’s All Easy: Healthy, Delicious Weeknight Meals In Under 30 Minutes,’ her website Goop and her last recipe book “It’s All Good” have all been huge hits. But sometimes we find it a little hard to relate to Gwyneth’s factoids. Vaginal steaming? You heard it from her first. And duh, we’ve all be yawning wrong apparently.
Here’s 10 of her most outrageous quotes, ever…
1. On steam cleaning your vagina: “The real golden ticket here is the Mugworth V-Steam,” she wrote on Goop.com. “You sit on what is essentially a mini-throne, and a combination of infrared and mugwort steam cleanses your uterus, et al. It is an energetic release – not just a steam douche – that balances female hormone levels. If you’re in L.A., you have to do it.” Mmm.
2. On fitness: “Every woman can make time [to work out] — every woman — and you can do it with your baby in the room. There have been countless times where I’ve worked out with my kids crawling around all over the place. You just make it work.”
3. On cheese: “I’d rather smoke crack than eat cheese from a tin.”
4. On flowers:“When I pass a flowering zucchini plant in a garden, my heart skips a beat.”
5. On the sun:“We’re human beings and the sun is the sun—how can it be bad for you? I don’t think anything that’s natural can be bad for you.”
6. On making friends: “I feel a sisterhood emerging around me. I’m less threatening now that I’m 40 and not 26 with an Oscar.”
7. On a vacation in Arizona: “I’ll never forget it. I was starting to hike up the red rocks, and honestly, it was as if I heard the rock say, ‘You have the answers. You are your teacher.’ I thought I was having an auditory hallucination.”
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
8. Gwyneth Paltrow on how to yawn better: “Gently tilt your head back to a comfortable position and allow your mouth to hang open widely while you gently extend into it,” she tells readers on Goop.com. Contract the back of the throat “as if to perform Ujjayi breathing.” Breathe deeply through your mouth so you feel the air hit the back of your throat. Inhale and exhale. And then when the yawn finally comes, reach and extend into it, riding the yawn to stretch the jaw muscles. “Repeat 8-10 times until tearing starts. As your jaw muscles stretch and relax, and the yawn expands.” Got it!
9. On how negativity effects water: “I am fascinated by the growing science behind the energy of consciousness and its effects on matter. I have long had Dr. Emoto’s coffee-table book on how negativity changes the structure of water, how the molecules behave differently depending on the words or music being expressed around it.”
10. “I basically love anything that comes in a hot dog bun… except hot dogs…”
By Emma Firth