Cory Monteith‘s official cause of death has been explained after the final coroner’s report revealed that a used drug needle and two empty bottles of champagne were found in the hotel room where he died.
The report states that the 31-year-old Glee star, who tragically and unexpectedly passed away on July 13, died from “mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol”.
His tragic death, which will be honoured in a special tribute episode in the upcoming Glee Season 5, was classified as “accidental” in the report by coroner Claire Thompson.
The report also revealed that due to Cory’s stint in rehab earlier this year – where he was being treated for his addiction – the actor’s tolerance to drugs may have been weakened which could have contributed to his death.
The new findings will no doubt bring mixed emotions to Lea and the rest of Monteith’s friends and family who are still attempting to adjust to a life without Cory.
By Robyn Munson
Remember, you can buy the digital edition of LOOK magazine for your tablet or iPhone. And don’t forget to rate it in iTunes!