Girls Aloud got back together at the Corinthia Hotel in London today for a very special announcement on their ten year anniversary, hosted by Nick Grimshaw.
The girls revealed they had a pre-press conference hug before it all kicked off, and announced that they’ll be releasing their greatest hits album, Ten, on November 26th, which includes FOUR brand new songs.
The single, Something New, will be released in aid of Children In Need on November 18th, and they’ll perform it live for the first time on the BBC on November 16th.
A Girls Aloud reunion tour is also happening, with concerts taking place across the UK and Ireland. See the UK dates below alongside the new album and single artwork, Ireland shows will be announced shortly, and you can buy your tickets from October 26.
The girls said that it felt like they’d never been away, with Cheryl Cole revealing that the reunion “…feels really normal, like nothing changed, like we didn’t take 3 years away. It feels like normal.”
Nadine Coyle said they’d wait and see how the fans reacted before deciding whether they’ll do another studio album, but it sounds like there’s the possibility of even more new music! BS
- Newcastle Metro Radio Arena – 21 and 22 February 2013
- Sheffield Motorpoint Arena – 25 February 2013
- Birmimgham LG Arena – 26 February 2013
- London the O2 – 1 and 2 March 2013
- Manchester MEN Arena – 5 and 6 March 2013
- Glasgow SECC – 9 and 10 March 2013
- Nottingham Trent FM Arena – 19 March 2013
- Liverpool Echo Arena – 20 March 2013