Fifty Shades of Grey movie bosses have been quick to defend their choice of hunky Charlie Hunnam to play Christian Grey after a whole host of 50 fans took to Twitter yesterday to express their disappointment at the casting decision.
But here at LOOK we’re all about chiselled Charlie and his sexy Geordie ways, so we’ve compiled a list of six things you need to know about our future sexy CEO of the silver screen to get you all on board too:
1. He’s British born and bred. We love that our very own homegrown talent has managed to bag THE most sought-after role in Tinseltown. A Newcastle lad through and through, 33-year-old Charlie grew up North and bagged a degree in theory and history of film from Cumbria College. Brains and brawn!
2. He played Jason in Byker Grove. At 16, Charlie landed his first ever acting gig on the hit BBC series that also spawned national treasures Ant & Dec. Way aye man!
3. He’s got impressive showbiz BFFS. The actor counts his best friends as Anne Hathaway, Romola Garai and Billy Elliot’s Jamie Bell.
4. He got married at 19. Hunnam met Buffy The Vampire Slayer actress Katharine Towne when the pair auditioned for Dawson’s Creek. Charlie didn’t get the part, but he did bag his future wife as the couple married in Vegas just four weeks later. They’re now divorced – he’s been dating jewellery designer Morgana McNelis since 2007.
5. He used to be a supermodel. Well, practically. In 2005, 6’1″ Charlie was the face (and HOT body) of Emporio Armani’s campaign.
6. He’s already a Hollywood hit. Mr. H has starred in hit movies Pacific Rim, Children Of Men, Cold Mountain, Green Street and 2012’s Deadfall, as well as playing the lead Jax in US TV show Sons of Anarchy.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
So there you have it. Are you sold yet? If not, we’re sure by the time Charlie whips his top off and whisks Ana into his Red Room of Pain for a spanking you’ll be feeling much differently…
By Robyn Munson
Remember, you can buy the digital edition of LOOK magazine for your tablet or iPhone. And don’t forget to rate it in iTunes!