It’s the news we’ve all been waiting for… Dermot O’Leary is officially back on The X Factor!
The 42-year-old confirmed his return last night, saying: ‘I’m very flattered to be asked back to The X Factor, and am currently dusting off my dancing shoes.
‘There is nothing more exciting than hosting live TV on a Saturday night. The show is naturally very close to my heart, after having hosted it for eight years.
‘I’m really looking forward to it, and excited to be back.’
It seems Simon Cowell is just as happy to have his old pal in the presenting slot, adding: ‘Dermot’s back, hooray! And so is his dancing! Welcome home, Dermot.’
As we all know, Dermot left the programme after the 2014 series. At the time, he said it was ‘time to move on’.
He was replaced by Olly Murs and Caroline Flack last year, who’d previously hosted spin-off show The Xtra Factor together. But it was announced last month that they wouldn’t be renewing their contracts.
In a statement, Caroline, 36, said: ‘I have had a brilliant time working on The X Factor over the last few years, and hosting the main show was just fantastic, I made some amazing friends.
‘I’m looking forward to carrying on working with the team over at ITV.’
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
Olly, 31, also spoke out, telling The Sun: ‘This was an incredibly hard decision to make and one I didn’t take lightly as I’ve really enjoyed co-hosting The X Factor.
‘It’s been one big adventure and I loved every minute of it. But my heart belongs to music and I want to concentrate 100% on making my next album and getting back to performing’.
Aw. Good luck, guys. And we’re excited to have you back, Dermot!