There’s just a few things you get used to when you’ve been single for a while, right girls?
1. I like the bed to myself
Elbows in the ribs and duvet hogging might be the order of the day for a while.
Sorry, old habits die hard.
2. Please don’t be offended if I don’t invite you round to my place for a while
It’s a BIG DEAL.
This is my personal space. My lady cave.
3. I won’t take kindly to being told what to do
Gaining a partner shouldn’t mean losing my independence.
I’m happy to have found you, but I also don’t want to completely ditch my inner Beyonce.
4. I’ll try my best to consider you
Just like my age, if someone asks about my single status, I might need a minute to think…
Please don’t take this the wrong way. I’ll get used to the idea of being a plus one. Eventually.
5. I’ll LOVE and appreciate the little things
Running me a bath or cooking me dinner?
This is new…
6. Clingy? Ugh.
Waking up to 15 missed calls and a barrage of text messages?
This is probably the BIGGEST turn off.
7. You’ll have to get on with my girls
No exceptions. No excuses. No whinging.
8. And I’ll be straight with you now – they’ll be JUDGING
They’ve grown pretty protective of me over the years.
9. I probably won’t introduce you to the fam’ for a while
It’s not that I’m ashamed of you. It’s more that I’d like to limit the embarrassing questions.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
Unless you’d like to be pressured into putting a ring on it and knocking me up, don’t push.
10. Ordering pizza will become a minefield
Yes, I want a whole pizza. Yes, I can eat THAT MUCH. No, I don’t appreciate that face you’re making.
Just order the damn pizzas.
11. You might not feel needed
I’ve got this self-sufficient thing sussed.
But you’ll be wanted. So that’s even better, right?
12. Shaving rashes will just be standard for a while
Look, it’s been a while. And it’s winter. So excuse me while I get used to this whole pruning thing again.
13. If you start to play games, I’ll tell you to move it right along
I don’t have the time or energy for that.
That t-shirt is hanging firmly in the wardrobe.