The 90s. What a time to be alive.
The people of twitter were feeling nostalgic for the 90s this weekend, and from that the #bestpartofthe90s hashtag was born.
Here are some of the best tweets (and memes) inspired by the decade.
1. The ONLY place where you got your videos. (RIP)
2. We loved our Tamagotchi… well, for a week at least, before we forgot about it and it fell behind the sofa. Oops.
3. The dial-up sound haunts our darkest nightmares.
4. It was the original and EVERYONE had one. A play outside before a lengthy playstation session… that was THE life.
5. THE ULTIMATE TREAT. You knew the next hour was going to be good when you left the P.E changing room to see this. (Do they still use these?)
6. Pre One-Direction, we had – Westlife, Boyzone, NSYNC, New Kids on The Block and the Backstreet Boys. SWOOOOON
7. Speaking of the BSB, their fashion was definitely SOMETHING…
8. If this trend comes back, WE’RE OUT.
9 These babes paired with our flares and a chiffon blouse… OMG what a dream!
10. We wouldn’t hold it against you if you HATED your cousin for having the Polly Pocket mall on the wall set. And we also wouldn’t hold it against you if you’re still not over it…
11. Should anyone else have married Thomas, lived in a mansion and had three kids by now?
12. When we thought that computers were actually going to take over the world at the turn of the Millennium…
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
We also got involved with the tag here in the LOOK office. Here is what we think were the best parts of the ‘90s…
1. Saved By The Bell
Were you #TeamZack or #TeamSlater? Our young hearts yearned for Zack and Kelly to stay together forever.
2. Beanie Babies
Do we still have our Beanie Babies at our parent’s house? Yes! Are they still in mint condition? Oh hell yes!
WOW they looked creepy, but boy did we love to brush their hair and pretend they were our children…
The ultimate lunch… which also made us the coolest kids in primary school! RESULT!
By Megan Wiseman