Welcome to List For Life’s first weekly recipe pick to commemorate our March wellness and health month! What more could you want than a delicious and totally easy to make recipe for the weekend?
This week we have a fantastic butternut squash and chilli soup from the amazing mind behind Biteappy, Caroline Oldham. We’ve tried making it over in List for Life HQ and honestly it’s delicious! An idea packed lunch treat that you can keep in a flask or something you can make in a flash when you get home from work. It’s a recipe we’ll be making again for sure! We totally promise that you’re going to love it, plus it’s super healthy too. Over to you Caroline…
Hi everyone, I’m Caroline. I’m kicking off my recipe channel with my first creative. It’s this lovely (and bright!) butternut squash and chilli soup. Although Spring is upon us, I feel it isn’t quite warm enough to get the cool food out yet. So let’s carry on with these winter warmers while we can! We’ll soon enough be onto the salads and BBQs when the weather starts hotting up.
This super simple and easy to prepare recipe suits many diets such as vegan, gluten free, dairy free and paleo. You don’t need oodles of ingredients either which is brilliant!
• 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
• 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
• 1 or 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
• 750ml vegetable stock
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Put a tablespoon of olive oil into a large pan, add the butternut squash, onion and chilli and turn over in the hot oil for a few minutes
2. Add in the stock, and simmer gently until the squash is tender
3. Put in a food processor or use a hand held blender and blitz until smooth
4. Season to taste
5. Serve and enjoy!