It’s an increasingly cool urban centre nestled in the north. Never been there? Well now is the time! From art galleries to vintage shopping haunts, it’s the stylish new hub we’re keen to explore.
Thinking of working up there too? Here are 10 reasons why you should consider relocating.
1. They have an awesome mix of old and new architecture
This goes without saying but if you fancy working in a cool office, this is the city you should be thinking of moving to!
2. The Manchester Art Gallery has some truly stunning exhibitions
Such a good first date idea! And if you’re bored one weekend, these exhibitions are the perfect places to be a culture vulture.
3. Manchester gives London a run for their money when it comes to quirky bars and cafes
And they’re a LOT cheaper than sky-high London prices too…
4. They also have some seriously quaint pubs
After work drinks are so much coolest in Manchester’s pub scene. Just look how cool this one looks! We’re envious.
5. No matter your allegiances, you’ve got to admit they’re not terrible at football
6. The music scene is legendary
Well, duh. Need we say more?
7. The Northern Quarter is a vintage-lover’s paradise
Every shopping-addict’s dream!
8. Manchester has a huge LGBT scene and its own ‘Gay Village’
Sounds like an awesome night out, right?
9. You’re never far from the Lancashire countryside
Fancy a spot of sunbathing this summer? In the midst of the city isn’t the best place for it but if you live in Manchester you’re not far from this…
10. Most importantly – you don’t have to be a millionaire to live in a flat like this
Ok, now we’re completely sold on the city. Rent money saved = fun money.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
Whatever industry you are thinking of going into, maybe you should be thinking about moving to Manchester.