We think you need a holiday. Not just because you’re a superstar who works really hard and deserves it. Nope. We think you need a holiday because you’re totally doing these things. How many of the 25 exactly? We bet it’s a high percentage!
Before we get to the 25 signs, we’ll take a look at a new study. It’s revealed that on average, people will put up with five different signs a break is needed before they will actually commit to going somewhere nice.
Don’t let stress get the better of you!
In the study, one in five of those polled will wait until absolute breaking point (!) before booking a short break.
A huge 4 in 10 fed-up British people said they have become so overwhelmed by day-to-day life that they have suddenly booked a break away and left that same day – or just a day or two later!
Once back home those surveyed feel refreshed for six days on average and they wait around seven months before going away for their next trip away.
How long will you wait to take that holiday?
On average the longest period people have gone without taking a long weekend is two years and three months.
And sadly, eight per cent of those surveyed have gone without a break for 10 years or more at some point in their life.
The 25 top signs that YOU need a break
1. The house is messy and you have no motivation to tidy it up
2. You start eating increasing amounts of comfort food
3. Regularly experiencing mild rage when the supermarket queue is taking too long
4. You enter a room and can’t remember what you went into there for
5. You hit snooze on your morning alarm one too many times
6. Finding yourself swearing more often
7. Calling people by the wrong name
8. Putting milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge
9. You can no longer muster the will to make small talk at work
10. Spending more time daydreaming than your actual day job
11. Forgetting a loved one’s birthday
12. Finding more grey hairs
13. Over-reaction when your computer crashes at work
14. Shouting at the TV more regularly than usual
15. Talking to yourself more often, and thinking it is totally normal
16. Your to-do list looks like more of a novel – and you can’t face starting it
17. You’ve used up your weekly wine allowance, and its only Wednesday
18. When you find yourself looking over old travel pictures
19. Driving past your junction on your way home from work
20. You’ve upped your coffee intake by at least three cups per day
21. Counting down the days until the kids return to school
22. Secretly wanting a dislike button on social media to use when friends share their holiday pictures
23. Spending more money on the lottery
24. Forgetting a colleague’s name
25. Leaving the house with your slippers on
How many have you done recently?