Whilst the biggest news of the evening may have been Beyoncé showing off her new baby bump (likely to be the cutest and most A-list baby ever), it didn’t stop Lady GaGa making an attempt to steal the limelight – the star took the androgynous trend to a whole new level by dressing up as a man, and a rather tipsy one at that!
Bringing it back for the ladies, Katy Perry looked super girly in a geisha-style mini dress and heels by Atelier Versace (one of four outfits of the evening). That pink hair reminds us of Frenchy in Grease – not that Katy Perry could ever be accused of being a beauty school drop out!
Flying the flag for Brits abroad, Jessie J hobbled to the show in the most bling-tastic combo we’ve ever seen – pass the sunglasses. Top marks for coordinating your corset, tights, shoes, crutches and leg brace, Jessie! HE
The winners from the MTV Video Music Awards 2011 were:
- Best Video with a Message: Lady Gaga Born This Way
- Best Pop Video: Britney Spears Till the World Ends
- Best Rock Video: Foo Fighters Walk
- Best Hip-Hop Video: Nicki Minaj Superbass
- Best Collaboration: Katy Perry ft. Kanye West E.T.
- Best Male Video: Justin Bieber U Smile
- Best New Artist: Tyler, the Creator Yonkers
- Best Female Video: Lady Gaga Born This Way
- Best Choreography: Beyonce Run the World (Girls)
- Best Visual Effects: Katy Perry ft. Kanye West E.T.
- Best Art Direction: Adele Rolling in the Deep
- Best Editing: Adele Rolling in the Deep
- Best Cinematography: Adele Rolling in the Deep
- Video of the Year: Katy Perry Firework