Hands up if you were a hardcore clubber in your teens? Oh we hear you! We can’t lie, most of us here at LOOK have more than our fair share of clubbing stories to tell, but it turns out they may soon be a thing of the past, with more than 1,411 nightclubs closing in the UK alone since 2005. That means there’s only 1733 raving hotspots left to get you freak on.
So if you were a self-confessed teenage raver, come and reminisce the good times with us…
1. Spending hours and hours getting ready. And we mean hours
How do I look?
2. Thinking you were hot stuff because the bouncer let you and your friends queue jump
3. There’s always that one friend that goes missing, then randomly turns up at the end of the night
Where have you been!?!
4. That guy who tries to dance with you all night. Erm, we don’t think so.
It’s not about groupies in the club. Just no
5. Getting the drinks in without getting shoved in every direction and spilling the lot when a banging tune came on. No mean feat.
It’s like a race to get to the other side.
6. Being stuck in the loo when said banging tune came on. Why do girls take so long?!
7. Trying to dance in that super tight dress you thought made you look like Christina Aguilera.
8. Thinking you were immune to the cold.
Freezing? Me? No, my legs are always this colour.
9. The toilets.
Need we say more?
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
10. Those heels you thought you could dance the whole night in? Yeah, you couldn’t.
They come right off.
11. Reapplying your lip-gloss about a thousand times.
Are they shiny enough?
12. The DJ who kept MC’ing over EVERY track
Just play the song dude.
13. Post clubbing food cravings…
I want ALL the food!
14. Trying to sneak back in, without waking up the entire house.