The cost of a wedding is enough to put anyone off saying ‘I do’. But for 28-year-old Russian billionaire Said Gutseriev and 20-year-old medicine student Khadija Uzhakhovs, money was certainly no object. Nope, this weekend the pair wed in an affair so lavish it racked up to roughly $1 billion. We KNOW.
According to Forbes, the Groom’s father Mikhael Gutseriev is an oil and media tycoon worth £4.3 billion, while bride Khadija was handpicked from an ordinary family after Said’s 4-year search for someone ‘beautiful, shy and not public’. And here’s exactly what their nuptials included:
1. A luxury Moscow restaurant venue decked with walls of fresh flowers and dripping in whimsical fairy lights.
2. Performances from J Lo, Sting and Enrique Iglesias. Rumour has it J Lo was paid a WHOPPING $1 million, while her appearance included three ah-mazing outfit changes.
3. An £18,000 couture bridal gown designed by none other than Elie Saab. We’re talking a frock weighing 25lbs with a train so heavy, wedding guests had to help the bride carry it. LOL.
4. Hair and make-up stylists to the stars Irina Mitroshinka and Anna Timofeyeva. Obvs.
5. A LOT of diamonds. A tiara costing £5 million, a bedazzling diamond pendant and impressive drop earrings to match.
6. More Rolls Royces than we could keep count of to transport guests to and from the venue.
7. A towering nine tier cake complete with glistening white icing and layer upon layer of pink floral garlands topped with the star and crescent of Islam to represent the couple’s faith.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
8. A very, very large guestlist of 600 friends and family.
9. Unlimited European cuisine throughout the event including freshly-made sushi. YUM.
10. Thank you gifts consisting of a gold box engraved with the couple’s initials and the date of the wedding. Yes, REAL gold.
11. On top of all that, reports say that the couple will stage a SECOND installment of celebrations in London with BEYONCE and Elton John in talks to perform.
We. Can’t. Cope.