Heels. They look AMAZING – but can also be the most painful things in the world.
So unless you’re a total heels pro (we’re looking at you, Vic), you’ll definitely relate to these thoughts…
1) OMG. These are the most beautiful things in the world
2) Ooh. Don’t they make my legs look long?
I’m basically a supermodel right now.
And my bum is SO pert
Khloe Kardashian, eat your heart out.
4) Hmmm. They look quite comfy…
Could this really be the pair that don’t cripple me? (I already know I’m kidding myself, but I don’t care).
5) These better not ruin my pedicure
Peep-toes can be dangerous.
6) Oh yes. That clip-clop noise makes me sound majorly sophisticated
I’ve got ALL the power.
7) And I could do some real damage if I needed to
But can I actually walk?
Good question. Only time will tell…
It’ll DEFINITELY hurt if I fall
Please, please, please let me stay upright.
10) And what if my heel gets caught in a crack?
I’LL BE STUCK THERE FOREVER.
11) Okay, it’s fine. I can do this
I’m sure I’m just being silly.
12) Erm. That noise is getting kinda annoying
Can’t exactly make a quiet getaway, can I?
Why does it suddenly feel like my toes are being stabbed by boiling hot pins?! ARGH.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
14) It may be time to give up
If I take the heels off, my feet will end up covered in dirt. If I keep them on, I’ll pass out. Catch 22 at its worst.
15) That’s it. They’re coming off
16) Let’s inspect the injuries…
Welcome to my toes, 139284234 blisters.
Just gotta wait this recovery period out
It’s not even like the pain ends straight away. I’m OFFICIALLY throwing all my heels away and investing in flats in every colour.
(…Okay, that’s a lie).