Legally Blonde was one of our favourite movies of the early noughties. The cult classic tells the tale of the adorable Elle Woods (played by Reese Witherspoon) who attempts to win back her boyfriend by following him to study law at Harvard. However, what entails is very different as Elle trains as a laywer and proves she is so much more than a pretty blonde.
As well as being utterly hilarous, Elle also taught us a thing or two. Here are our favourites…
1. Don’t ever settle for second best.
2. ‘Fake it ’till you make it’ is a good motto to live by.
3. Never underestimate the power of good stationery.
4. There are no rules when it comes to fashion.
5. But you still need to keep your wits about you.
6. No one ever regrets a workout.
7. He probably isn’t worth it.
7. And if he isn’t your best bet is to walk away.
8. Chocolate solves EVERYTHING. As does TV marathons from your bed.
9. Sometimes some people need to be put in their place. In particular people called Vivian.
10. Catcalling is NOT OK.
11. Don’t shy away from challenges.
12. Always see the best in people.
13. And the biggest life lesson of all: always believe in yourself. Well said, Elle!
14. Hard work always pays off in the end.
15. And, if in doubt you can always do the bend and snap!