1) She’s the first person you call when anything happens in your life
Literally anything. Promotion? Engagement? Locked yourself out of your flat? She’s always #1 on your speed dial.
2) She likes everything you do on Facebook
And we mean everything. She’s your biggest fan.
3) She always calls you at the exact moment you’re thinking of her
And vice versa. It’s actually a bit creepy. Psychic, much?
4) She gives you honest fashion advice
‘Not flattering.’ ‘Makes you look like a potato’. Because mums and daughters can tell each other anything.
5) She will always listen to you moan
And give soothing, sensible, wise owl advice to help you sort the problem out, no matter how trivial.
6) You’ve bailed on your friends to hang out with her
Because she’s the best company, and you know you’ll always have a proper giggle.
7) She would drop anything to come to your rescue
Argument with your boyfriend? Scared about your smear test? She’s on the first train to come and hold your hand.
8) She sends you a Valentine’s Day card every year
Signed, ‘Secret admirer’. Bless.
9) She’s the best shopping partner
And because she’s so happy to be spending quality time with her girl, you get ALL the treats. Woop!
10) She sends you pictures of clothes whilst shopping to check if they’re ‘in fashion’
Because to her, you’re basically Victoria Beckham.
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
11) Your friends always say how cute your relationship is
They also love her like their own, because she’s a proper cool mum.
12) She will never judge you
If you’ve done something stupid (eg. snogged your boss, spent your entire monthly paycheque on Topshop glitter heels), she’s nothing but supportive. Because she’s your mum.
13) When people complain that their mums are annoying, you just don’t get it
Because yours is the BOMB.