We’ve caught up with fab hair stylists Michelle Griffin and Alexander Turnbull for their top tips on choosing the perfect occasion ‘do for your hair, so whether you’re a bride, a wedding guest or just want a super sophisticated hairstyle for a summer party there’s plenty of amazing advice.
Need more inspiration? We’ve rounded up our 55 favourite celebrity wedding hairstyles, to ensure you’re looking your best.
The top wedding hairstyle tips:
- Consider hair accessories: Michelle says: “When it comes to wedding hair, shorter hair is definitely easier to style but there are less fancy options open to you. With short hairstyles a hair accessory is a great way to complete the look. For example a floral piece will really bring out a short cut.
- Get a cut: Alexander says: “Be sure to have a cut a week before. Shorter styles will need to be cut more regularly than longer styles to ensure they keep their shape.”
- Consider extensions: Alexander says: “If you have short hair but want to create long, flowing hair you might want to consider extensions. Halo hair extensions will give you stunning voluminous hair in a matter of moments.”
- Mix up products: Michelle says: “When styling shorter styles try using a leave in conditioner and a strong hold gel for the perfect mix of control and conditioning.”
- Carry serum: Alexander says: “It’s a good idea to carry serum in your handbag. Use throughout the day to control any frizz or flyaways that may appear.”